View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
Just out of pure curiosity, is Zibanejad head and shoulders better than McNeil and Scheifele?

From what I've read here and elsewhere, it sounds like they have similar upsides (1st/2nd line Center), and all play a similar game in that they are solid, physical, two-way players that are solid in both ends of the ice.

So would it really be worth it to throw out a 2nd, in a draft where we are already low in draft picks, to move 5-6 spots to take Zibinejad when a similar player could be available at 15 in McNeil or Scheifele?

Just curious. Thanks for any info.
Personally, I don't think he's "head and shoulders" above either player, but he's experienced playing against men in the SEL, and that will make the transition to the NHL easier, and likely quicker. He also plays a complete defensive game and excels in the dot, so the question becomes whether or not he has the offensive upside. I believe he does, so I have him ranked higher than the other two.

I think Scheifele and Ziban both have considerable upside, but I think if both players fail to reach that potential, Ziban is still capable of being a 3rd line center at this level, while Scheifele's main contribution will likely always be his offense.