View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckthehammer View Post
As a Blues fan.... it will never happen. Backes will not be moved, he has done too much for stl, lives here with his wife, is extremely involved with the city, and is going to be the Blues next captain. Would we be interested in Stastny, yes... he is Stewarts best friend, and after the bad P.R. that his father produced via radio after the last trade with us it isnt unreasonable to think he would ask to be traded. What you may be looking at instead of the offer made above would probably be something more like this...

Oshie
Bishop
one of our 3 2nd round picks.

Stastny
Probably Barrie or Yip

I say this because I have heard MANY rumors of Oshie not fitting in well in STL off of the ice. He missed a practice this year... He's been was throughout the depth chart all season, apparently upper mgmt. is getting sick of him.

Bishop, also a great goaltender... Allen and Bishop have been fighting for the starter spot in Peoria all of last year. From what I've heard, STL scouts are VERY fond of Allen and his potential. With the deal the Blues have with Halak, Bishop makes more sense, being the older of the two. Conklin is gone after this year, so if this trade happend the blues would sign a backup via FA and allow Allen to develop in that number 1 spot in peoria the next couple years.

The Blues for sure need a number 1 center... that being said, we are looking better in the circle with the development of Berglund, Oshie, Sobotka, etc.

In all honesty... I don't see the trade happening. You guys do not need to get rid of this man, he's a beast . If he asks for a trade however, the offers may not look this nice...
Thanks for your input. The Avs wouldn't make that trade though. I like Oshie fine but his off-ice antics are well documented and that's something the Avs would indeed steer clear given. For the Avs to part with a 25 year old center that, in my opinion, has 90 point potential, Backes would need to be part of the package coming back. His 2-way play would be crucial in replacing Stats while our 20 year old centers find their way.

A 'good' trade usually hurts both sides. The EJ-Stewart trade seemed to have a lot of people unhappy with at first and then after the dust settled, it truly benefitted both clubs. It's still not finalized until we pick our guy at #11 and you pick yours at #32. Then we'll be able to truly analyze it with all names in place.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote