Thread: Speculation: Paul Stastny
View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 04:38 PM
chuckthehammer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Thanks for your input. The Avs wouldn't make that trade though. I like Oshie fine but his off-ice antics are well documented and that's something the Avs would indeed steer clear given. For the Avs to part with a 25 year old center that, in my opinion, has 90 point potential, Backes would need to be part of the package coming back. His 2-way play would be crucial in replacing Stats while our 20 year old centers find their way.

A 'good' trade usually hurts both sides. The EJ-Stewart trade seemed to have a lot of people unhappy with at first and then after the dust settled, it truly benefitted both clubs. It's still not finalized until we pick our guy at #11 and you pick yours at #32. Then we'll be able to truly analyze it with all names in place.
thank you for not throwing me to the wolves there.... But I am in agreement. I honestly do not think that statsny should be traded.... He seems essential to your teams development... Believe me... I know all about oshie and his documentation I was just saying... That is the biggest piece I can see stl moving (mainly because the reason listed above). Backes, allen, and schwartz are not moving though... I just wanted to clear that up...

chuckthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote