View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
chihawkswi

vCash: 500
Hi Blackhawks forum. I have been lurking for a little while now. With the off-season happenings coming up soon I thought now was the perfect time to finally sign up. My name is Tyler and I am 21 years old. As my username suggests, I am from Wisconsin (born and raised in Milwaukee). Here are some of my interests.

I love sports, from watching/playing to sports media/broadcasting. When it comes to being a fan, Football would be my favorite with hockey, basketball, and baseball after that. My favorite teams are the Packers, Brewers, Bucks, UW Badgers, and Marquette. Sorry guys. I do root for the Chicago White Sox though. Favorite current athletes are Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Kobe Bryant. Favorite all-time athletes are Donald Driver (though he's not retired yet) and Michael Jordan. When it comes to playing sports, it is tennis and basketball. I also like sports broadcasting and sports media in general. I love doing play by play/color commentating.

I am also interested in meteorology. I am fascinated by storms and how they work. If I go a long period of time without posting just assume a tornado caught up with me.

Other interests include camping, boating, going to Six Flags Great America, road trips, swimming, nature walks, and learning about random things of little importance. I also like spending time in Chicago whenever possible. I love the Sears Tower, Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, and Millennium Park.

Some of my television, movie, and music interests include:
TV: mostly any comedy on CBS (The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Rules of Engagement to name a few)
Movies: I am a big fan of Adam Sandler movies. I also enjoy the Fast and the Furious series, disaster films like Armageddon, and anything funny.
Music: I will listen to mostly anything. Rap has a tendency to get on my nerves though.

My hockey/Blackhawks story:

I became a hockey fan when my Mom gave me an NHL '96 video game for the old Super Nintendo. During the late 90's I did more hating the Red Wings because they were good, than actually following a team. In 2000, we bought our first computer. On our MSN home page, the Blackhawks were listed under local scores. Since they were the "home team" I started reading recaps of games and following the standings. Though I was never able to see them play since they weren't on national television, I still gained some familiarity through playing video games. The lockout basically wiped out any interest in the game for years. On New Year's Day 2009, I turned on the TV and saw an outdoor hockey game. It was the Winter Classic at Wrigley Field between the two teams I knew as a kid. Through online streaming, I caught some Blackhawks games throughout the rest of the season and the playoffs. I did research on the complete history of the franchise and that is when I really fell in love with the team. They reminded me of my Packers with a rich history dating back to before my grandparents were born. Understanding the struggles this team and fans had been through for the past half century, it made the championship season more enjoyable.

My favorite player would be Patrick Kane. The reason behind this has little to do with talent. I think it would be a lot of fun to go to a bar and hangout with the guy.

My favorite player to watch in the future is Ben Smith. I loved the way he played down the stretch in the Vancouver series. Can't wait to see how he develops.

Well that about wraps up my introduction. I hope I presented myself in a way that you now have a general idea of who I am. I'll be around from time to time throughout the off-season and you will really see me quite a bit once the season draws near. I look forward to getting to know everyone and maybe engage in some friendly trash talk when it comes to Wisconsin vs Illinois sports. Take care everyone.

chihawkswi is offline   Reply With Quote