View Single Post
Old
06-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
To me, Honda and Toyota have been successful based on their reputation more than their vehicles performance and quality. To me, right now the 2011 Hyundai Elantra stands alone as best bang for your buck. Blowing the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic away by a fair margin.

Civic aren't made like they used to be and Toyota's are just meh, haven't made any substantial improvements in years.
You are right about Elantra, it's a gorgeous car in that price range. However, don't discount the reputation of the Honda and Toyota offerings or the loyalty to the brand. They are consistently tops in customer loyalty (a telling metric 62 percent of Honda owners trade in their Honda's for another Honda) and reliability. Translates into better resale value and total cost of ownership.

I've had 4 Hondas, 3 accords and an Acura EL 1.7 (fancy Civic). Virtually no problems, first accord went to 350K and running when I sold it and my EL is at 305K and still going strong for my son.

My local repair shop is a family run business, with a father and 3 sons being the mechanics. They personally own 9 cars between them , 7 are Hondas and 2 are Toyotas. Good enough for me.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote