Thread: Ribeiro to LW ?
View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
The problem I see right now is that with Juneau and Dackell, that 4th line won't be gritty at all but soft all the way.
This is why I've been wanting both of them moved.

Quote:
I think we have no choice, we'll have to get rid of one of Ribeiro or Perreault. Personally I think it should be Perreault. Ribeiro is a better feeder, cheaper, younger and obviously on his way up.
If Koivu's injured later in the season, the Habs would be left with Ribeiro and either Juneau or Higgins as the 1-2 punch. Not ideal by any means.

Quote:
Just a thought, I wonder if Perreault and something else interesting (maybe one of our Right Dmen to open up a roster spot for Komisarek) could land us Ian Laperriere from LA... With Deadmarsh and Allison injured, they might want to go out and get an offensive center to boost their offense. I wouldn't have thought it made sense before but with their cripled roster, who knows. Laperriere would sure look good playing with Kilger and Begin/Langdon on that 4th line... (again, just a thought, to which I've not given a lot of time).
I don't see this as being too likely. Perreault wouldn't fit into Andy Murray's system or the roster that Taylor is building. Perreault's had a turn in LA twice before, and if memory serves me right, the last time they were more than happy to be rid of him.

Assuming Ryder continues his chemistry with Perreault and Audette, I would like to see the following lineup, with all four lines being rolled over:

Bulis-Koivu-Ward
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik
Ryder-Perreault-Audette
Begin-Higgins-Sundstrom

There would be size and some grit on every line. There would be a playmaker on every line, and a player that's more inclined to shoot more. Montreal wouldn't have a true fourth line or even checking line, but I don't think they do right now anyway (Juneau and Dackell are both subpar defensively on even strength these days, fellas. It's been two years since they were effective).

Losing Dackell and Juneau wouldn't hit the PK too hard. Sundstrom, Ward, Higgins, Bulis have all displayed strong capabilities on the PK. I would say Begin (and his good faceoff ability) and Ryder could be tried on the PK as well.