View Single Post
Old
10-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
Ray Ferraro was simply excellent tonight. He even sounds a little like Simmer. Great comments, very astute. He has a really good "color voice", and I think he is a fantastic addition to Sportsnet.

Good job Ray.
Yeah imo he did an excellent job of the color at some points, other times he seemed to contradict himself.

Highs:

"Peters had 227 pims and 3 points last season in [somewhere], he's not here to help the powerplay" :p

about the too many men on the ice call - "they had 3 d-men out there, that works really well when you can get away with it"

Lows:

he made a comment about Hemsky letting the one-timer go on the 5-on-3, something to the effect that the 20 year old kid lacked the patience to wait for a good scoring chance to develop. IMO the biggest knock on Ales is that he doesn't shoot enough, and he was in good position to take that shot and did a good job of it. Half of the 5-on-3 goals I've ever seen scored came off of one-timers, and a lot of them were from further out than that.

There was one other comment he made that I disagreed with, I don't remember exactly what it was, but overall I'd give him the thumbs up.