View Single Post
Old
06-02-2011, 04:42 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
That is correct. Meaning that, Eriksson would have needed to be re-upted this past summer. We didnt hear anything about that.
Not necessarily. Like I said, be careful when speaking in absolutes when it comes to this stuff unless you are 100% convinced you are right. A lot of it is so awkward and dynamic that it's hard to get a grasp on what's going on in many scenarios.

I know that you are wrong about Eriksson needing to be re-upped last year because we are guaranteed the rights of all drafted players for 2 years. So Eriksson, when he turned 20 (as in his last chance to re-enter the draft), was stuck as our property. Bertilsson, no longer forced to be our property because of the 2-year rule, was not signed allowing him to re-enter the draft as a 20-year-old. Eriksson didn't have that option when he was 20 because he was our guaranteed property.

De Serres re-entered the draft last year though he did not get drafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
But I think it is what Rick said. The Flyers lost interest in Bertilsson and just forfeited his rights.
Forfeited his rights as in actively gave up his rights and let him re-enter the draft?

Or forfeited as in didn't even bother trying to sign him?

They are two very different things.

If they had his rights as an asset why would they actively give up rights that they were going to lose according to the CBA anyway (see: Tim Erixon).

It is very possible that they forfeited his rights in that they didn't actively pursue signing him.

It's also possible that Bertilsson wanted to try for somewhere else and opted not to sign with Philadelphia and instead re-enter the draft.

Last edited by CS: 06-02-2011 at 04:48 PM.