View Single Post
Old
06-02-2011, 04:02 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Can you re-explain this part? You state that we are guaranteed the rights to all drafted players for 2 years. Eriksson was drafted in 2008. He played in the 2008-2009 season and then the 2009-2010 season. that is considered 2 years. At the end of the 2009-2010 season, Eriksson was 20 years old. At this point, he WAS able to re-enter the draft. This is very similar to Bertilsson. Bertilsson was draft 1 year after Eriksson. They are born on the same month in a 1 year difference. So if Bertilsson, playing in the same league as Eriksson HAD to have some sort of agreement in place why did we lose Bertilsson and not Eriksson also?
You're right. I got confused in this mess.

My editor is lost right now too. I'm talking to him via GMail.

Honestly, when the news about Erixon came out I was extremely shocked. One of our writers actually broke the story about Erixon and his eventual trade.

That's when I heard about Bertilsson falling under the same criteria as Erixon.

Then I found out that Bertilsson wasn't going to be re-upped.

It all came as a pretty big shock to me too. I was under the impression up until this point that Europeans were not subject to the same rules that the CHL prospects were involved in in terms of re-entering the NHL draft as 20-year-olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
In other words, Eriksson wanted to stay Flyers property and Bertilsson didnt?
Maybe that's what it comes down to?

Nothing in the CBA has changed since that time, making it all the more bizarre.

EDIT: I'm also curious as to whether or not it could even possibly have to do with some verbal commitment to the CHL at the time of the draft. We just had an prospect who was committed to NCAA at the time of his drafting but did not go the NCAA route. Even so, his team ended up holding onto his rights for 5 years. It was a really bizarre situation. So you always have to question whether or not something else is in play here that we're not being told.

Last edited by CS: 06-02-2011 at 04:11 PM.