View Single Post
Old
06-02-2011, 07:26 PM
TorontoSports

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
MLS is the future. Soccer is rising in popularity extremely rapidly in North America, it's only a matter of time until it is grouped with the NHL, NBA, MLB and NBA.

Sports is just one way for a city to have culture. There are a lot of American cities with fantastic stadia and arena, where the people are sports obsessed, but they have a complete absence of museums, of festivals, and of events. I'm currently in school in a city which has a (college) football stadium with 102,000 seats that sells out for every game, but there's a complete absence of museums, of downtown nightlife, of festivals, etc.

It's not "sad" that Montreal is off the MLB maps as it is on other maps instead.
Is MLS rising at the same rate? No sir... probably because soccer fans (like me) know that there is a parking lot full of leagues that are better than the MLS in terms of quality. I'm not saying I don't like the MLS. I enjoy MLS just as much as any other MLS fan, but it's not Major League by any means. I have been a fan of the league since 2002 and while there has been growth it hasn't grown at a rapid rate.

A lot of people in Montreal are settling. It's only my opinion but I really do want Montreal/Vancouver back on the map when it comes to sports. It's totally realistic too when it comes to our economics and growth.

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote