View Single Post
Old
06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Fulton44*

vCash: 500
To each their own Chris. A few things though.

This team was outplayed physically for most of the season, and was beaten up by Boston in the playoffs. They need to add some size and toughness this offseason in my opinion.

Yes I am waiving Shelley to sign Godard. They are virtually the same player and you can get Godard for half the cost. I like Shelley, but you don't pay 5 minute a night guys who are useless in the playoffs, 1.1 million. Every cap dollar counts.

Betts is finished. I expect the Flyers to bring him back, but it'll be a mistake. He isn't that good on faceoffs, especially with his bad shoulders, and his overall play took a dive last season.

By adding Read to top 9, giving Nodl a consistent spot from day one in the top 9, and mixing Sestito and Gustafsson into the lineup the team does get younger.

As for the other comment about Read and Nodl in the top 9. It's been a salary cap world for a while, and it continues to be. If cheap options in goal that aren't good enough so the forward can be deep are "your" thing, that's fine, but then you have to deal with what happened during the playoffs in goal. There isn't a team out there in the NHL in the cap era who can have crazy forward depth, a high end top four on defense like we do (Pronger, Timonen, Mezsaros, Coburn) and have an elite goalie. Sacrifices need to be made to get the goalie we need, and it will take care of weakening the forward depth and then some.

Again, to each their own, thanks for the feedback.

Fulton44* is offline   Reply With Quote