View Single Post
Old
06-02-2011, 09:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'd say Franson was our top trade chip with Josi being NHL ready and Blum having surpassed him on the depth charts last season. Ellis definitely has a higher value, but I just don't see us trading him right now. Franson is due a new contract after next season. Ellis has three years left on his deal. Cost control is always an issue to take into consideration here...
Ellis's name was mentioned in quite a few trade rumors around the deadline...from at least semi-legitimate\major sources. Someone I once spoke to with a decent bit of credibility(as much as one can have in the Nashville media) said there was more truth to a deal centered around Ellis and Clarke MacArthur than most thought, although he didn't know if there was anything else involved.

At some point, if there's enough smoke...

I do agree that, while I like Franson more than most around here, and think he's much, much better than given credit for, I'd rather he be dealt than Ellis...unless there's a team that's willing to give a legitimate scoring threat that won't budge on wanting Ellis...at which point, it sucks to lose a great prospect, but that's the reason we've stockpiled, supposedly.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote