View Single Post
Old
06-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
So, its been a long time since I posted here. Another season without a meaningful playoff run, but another season with young players making a meaningful impact on the team. A couple of pieces were still missing, and yesterday’s trade helped address one of them.* So the trade that brought Tim Erixon to the Rangers [...]

More...
Agree completely.

Erixon will almost certainly be an NHL player where the two seconds could be anything from legit first line talent to subway janitors. In a weak draft moving your picks for prospects who are most likely going to be NHLers, if not lifetime NHLers, is good asset management.

As far as Horak goes, I'm not sure I'd pencil him in to a 3rd of 4th line role yet, because you never know. He may prove to be better than that, or bust. Again though, that's why this is a good move. Erixon looks like the better player right now.

I don't think it is overpayment by any means. While the Rangers certainly could still use some depth in the prospect pool for forwards, the defense core is one of the best in the league. Arguably top 5.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote