View Single Post
Old
06-03-2011, 09:11 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
This is my interpretation of Wolski as a Ranger. He is acquired and plays pretty well for a couple weeks... putting up some decent point totals, but still inconsistent on offense (like everyone else on the team). Then the injuries pile up and he is playing big minutes with Step and Zuc. That line pretty much carries the offense for several weeks, though WW still seems to get little credit from Ranger fans. Then all of sudden all the injured top line players return and Step's line has a major decrease in minutes. Since WW (and Zuc for that matter) is not the type of player that can produce with so little ice time, he starts to struggle. Not to mention that he is playing with 2 rookies who are pretty much hitting the wall at this point. Add to this that he is not used in any other situations (PP/PK) and the fact that he is not as strong defensively as the rest of players (which Torts doesn't like) and the kid is getting peanuts in terms of minutes. Though there are random good games when he gets promoted to higher lines, he struggles the rest of the season getting little minutes and even sits a few games. So basically you have a player who needs ice time to use his skills, but isn't getting any.

To be honest, there is something about this game that rubs me the wrong way a little, but he gets way too much flack than he should based on what happened this year. He is very talented and I think letting him go would be a mistake. A team like LA would be getting a steal if they only gave up a 2nd or less for him.
This the the prob with Wolski as pertaining to NYR.

The kid has Nedved syndrome. A guy who needs top minutes to produce 2nd line numbers but cant produce 2nd line numbers when given 2nd line minutes. In other words a great player for a non contending team that lacks the money to afford elite talent, but not a guy that a true contender can win with.

I have followed Wolski for 2 seasons prior to him coming to NYR. I scouted him as best I could in Colorado becasue I relied on him for my fantasy team as it was my first year and we auto drafted and I got poor picks. The consencus with Avs fans was that he could not produce consistantly with Stastny which says alot, but also they were losing games with him on the 2nd line which eventually got him demoted to the 3rd line. Pretty much the same thing happened in PHX as well. Now you see it first hand with us but yet people keep trying to justify and excuse the results.

Not trying to be a d1ck just using what you said in the bolded statement to show my point that he is not what this team needs and would be better off traded for something before his value diminishes further.

x BEUKEBOOM x is online now   Reply With Quote