View Single Post
Old
06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Catamarca Livin

vCash: 500
I do not see Ramond getting hit hard. Seinberg took a penalty for kneeing Boydchuk got a piece of him once. Raymond is one of the harder players in the league to hit hard. I would be more concerned about Ference and Lucic they took the most hard hits in game one. About replacing Hamhuis minutes. He was hurt in the second period so he did not play 26 minutes and the Canucks best period was playing with 5 defenseman without Hamhuis. I imagine Ballard will play 15minutes or less, with Edler and Salo getting more ice time. It would be better with Hamhuis in but the d is still solid.
On a different note the Bruins defense was physical but who from the forwards can raise their physical play let's rank the most physical players from the top 3 lines.

1)Lucic on reputation can destroy people, though seems like Torres not many hits.
2)Torres does not hit often but removes players from series
3)Lapierre most hits from forwards in playoffs
4)Hansen most hits from canuck forward regular season, can hit fast players
5)Horton not two many hits but physical in puck battles
6)Kesler probably should be higher but does not always finish hits
7)Higgins finishes hits hard maybe best canuck in the corners.
8)Marchant lots of effort small but a competitor
9)Burrows look at Marchant
10)Bergeon use to be good hitter concussion have him not looking to hit
11)Kelly not afraid to go to dirty areas
12) Ryder fairly big doesn't hit
13)Rechi conserves energy solid on skates
14)Peverly ???
15)Raymond to small to make impact but good forchecker
16)Krejii takes some nice hits???
17&18)Sedins though Henrik hit Bergeon hard in game one they make it though whole season with around 10 hits, Kaberle like.

I only write this out to show if Lucic and Horton are not physical factors where will the Bruins physical forward play come from? Marchant, Bergeon??? Marchant like Burrows can hound a puck but he will not wear down any d. The Canucks third line is always physical, the second line with Kesler and Higgins can be physical, i see this as an advantage over the Bruins who have one line that can hit the d man, and they do not always do it. This is just counting the top 3 line the Canucks 4th although crappy is physical while the Bruins without Thronton, have Campbell who is like Burrows, Seguin who is 19. The Big Bad Bruins have very good fighters but inbetween the whistles i think their so called physical advantage is a mirage.

Forgot Paille who is quit physical still does not change point that Canuck forwards more physical than Bruins forwards.