View Single Post
Old
06-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
I only write this out to show if Lucic and Horton are not physical factors where will the Bruins physical forward play come from? Marchant, Bergeon??? Marchant like Burrows can hound a puck but he will not wear down any d. The Canucks third line is always physical, the second line with Kesler and Higgins can be physical, i see this as an advantage over the Bruins who have one line that can hit the d man, and they do not always do it. This is just counting the top 3 line the Canucks 4th although crappy is physical while the Bruins without Thronton, have Campbell who is like Burrows, Seguin who is 19. The Big Bad Bruins have very good fighters but inbetween the whistles i think their so called physical advantage is a mirage.

Forgot Paille who is quit physical still does not change point that Canuck forwards more physical than Bruins forwards.
Edited so as to not have too big of a post.

All of the bruins forwards outside of Seguin are great along the boards, I think that is where a lot of the toughness factor comes in. All 4 lines can develop effective cycles and are very good at winning puck battles along the boards. In terms of hitting, they all finish their checks, although so will see ryder/seguin/krecji not finish more then I would like.

I don't know if you were expecting tons of open ice hitting, but that really wasn't how the game unfolded. The bruins get their hard hitting reputation from puck battles and hard fore checking. Most of the big open ice hits come from the defensemen (mostly boychuk) and occasionally Marchand will line someone up. The style they play calls for discipline in the neutral zone which means less people getting out of position going for a hard, open ice hit.