View Single Post
Old
06-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Drive425

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
I'm finding the anti-Gomez bias around here to be pretty immature and pathetic. He had one off-year and everyone jumps all over him.

Before this season he never had a season under 55 points, and had four 70+ point seasons. Gomez is an outstanding player and truly amazing playoff performer.

He played very well with Max Pacioretty and Brian Gionta last season, and if that line gets back together this coming season and performs well, I see a potential 60-70 point season for Gomez. Maybe not Lecavalier caliber, but very good season nonetheless. People forget how skilled Gomez is at passing: I think this season will tell us if he has really deteriorated or simply had an off-season. He's a great player either way and I for one am happy we have a great mentor such as him on the team.
When an NHL player gets paid 7 million per and your name is not Chara, people get upset.

Anyway you slice it, Gomez had top 2 minutes at 5v5 and on the PP. 7 goals and 38 points with that kind of ice time is unacceptable at 4 million never mind 7 million.