View Single Post
Old
06-03-2011, 04:12 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
So, what, you wanted Schultz to jump on while Hannan was still on the other side of the rink? Schultz wasn't fast getting off the bench, but Hannan didn't do him any favors going for a change in that situation.

And I don't even know how someone in their right mind would suggest that ditching Schultz is addition by subtraction. We were skaing with freaking SEAN COLLINS in game 4. Sean. Collins. We need to keep the AHL brigade as far away from the ice come playoff time as possible.

It appears we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
No, I wanted Schultz to take the initiative and get on the ice before Hannan was on the bench, and then haul ass to get back in his zone. You're so off on this one. At this point, I think you're arguing just to play devil's advocate.

We were skating Collins in game 4 because of a rash of injuries. The assumption would be, if you ditch Schultz for draft picks, another guy would be acquired for the 7th defenseman. I'd play any one of the Caps other 7 defenseman (save Sloan) over Schultz in the playoffs.

Let's say the Caps re-sign Hannan and sign Ehrhoff. Who would you play Schultz over?