View Single Post
Old
06-03-2011, 05:09 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
I want to know more about these "maturity" issues we keep seeing references to regarding MDZ.... Is it a matter of him being too sure or confident of himself and thinking after his rookie season that he "made it" ? A matter of him not acknowledging the hard work and level of commitment required to stay in the league and retain his roster spot? When we heard he was training with Stamkos and Gary Roberts in the off-season, I was really pumped for his sophomore season, thinking he was going to come into camp in tremendous shape and be ready physically & mentally to improve on his rookie season. I was a bit taken back by this setback. I'm wondering what he's going to do different this season to prepare himself and put himself in a better position to succeed. I don't really know how he's doing to do it but I hope he does.

Does anyone think an element of him over-thinking his actions on the ice has to do with a fear of being benched by Torts? Perhaps Torts needs to take steps to meet with the player to eliminate this mental block if that's the issue, because he'll never play confidently on the ice if he's always concerned about the repercussions for making mistakes.

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote