View Single Post
Old
08-23-2005, 03:09 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOCKEYGURU
Seems to me many of the comments here are based on sheer enthusiam..and i wish Immonen the best, im hoping someone can give an accurate description of his game, his style of play etc... how does he compare to other finns? like jussi jokinen...kapanen... someone mentioned koivu? etc...
and will he really be a star? what are realistic expectations for him? my feel is he has 60-70 point potential but not much higher.... any thoughs?
Jarkko is a well rounded allaround player. He doesn't really have any flaws. He will never be a selke candidate though, but he is not a young kid who have to be "tought" have to play defense. He is also quit strong at 6'0 205-210 lbs.

The big questionmark IMO is his offensive upside. He have great playmaking skills and vision and he have really heavy shoot. Jarkko isn't slow or a bad skater, but he "thinks" on the ice. In the SM-liiga he is on top of the game, he anticipates plays and always knows what to do 2-3 steps ahead. In International Games that haven't been the case, he have had some problems with the pace of the game there. The tempo is faster in the NHL but at the same time the pace isn't really as high, its defenitly much much easier for a smart player to get by in the NHL then in international hockey.

So the question is how he is gooing to be affected by the move to the NHL. Personally I belive that he even might benefit from the smaller ice ect. If I were to compare him with a player it would be Pavol Demitra. Jarkko is a bit more stocky built and Pavol might have a better release.