View Single Post
Old
06-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
First off I'm not sure this thread is in the right place for discussion.

I don't think that the NHL belongs anyplace where you can't skate outside on a lake for some part of the year.

I lived down south for years and the snowbirds who move down looking for better weather are not going to commit to seeing a hockey game unless it's their home town team coming to pound the heck out of the southern team.

There was no hockey players south of the Mason Dixon for a very long time I'm sure that Hockey will survive and the kid will go back to playing "kick the can" or peach fighting

It stinks for the kids who started playing hockey in the Atlanta market but I'm sure they will survive. I was moved out of the NE when I was young and never got to play hockey of any sort until I moved back up north in my late 30s.

I have mixed feelings about California teams.
If this is the wrong place, I apologize. I wasn't sure.

I understand what you are saying, but this comment, and really this entire post, is horribly offensive to me. I have lived in Nashville since I was two, but hockey is my life. This past season, i played both travel and high school, for a total of 6 days a week, twice on 3 of those days. I post every day on HF boards. I watch NHL games or highlights whenever I can work it in around homework. My high school team just won the state championship, and it is a moment I will never forget.

I understand hockey "belongs" in the north. Clearly, since you have had hockey longer, no one else has a right to enjoy the greatest game on earth. If you are going to tell me that I do not deserve hockey, despite all of the time I have put into this game, then I don't know what to tell you. While there are not as many die-hard fans in the south as there are in the north, we care just as much. I don't just go to games to watch my "home town team coming to pound the heck out of the southern team". I am from Minnesota, but I dont see them beating the Predators much.

I apologize that I am not worthy of loving this game as much as you are. I'll be sure to go back to ""kick the can" or peach fighting", though I can assure you I have done neither. Long live hockey, in the north, south, and around the world.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote