View Single Post
Old
10-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Guyf's around the game notes.

- In the media scrum following Thursday night's game, MacT said Conklin would get a start in one of the next three games (Colorado, St. Louis, Colorado).

- My gut tells me that Stoll and Semenov will also get into action very soon but that I didn't hear from anyone else.

- I chatted with Stoll between both periods a bit while we watched the ball game (Yankees fan by the way... Stoll, not me). Semenov did not sit up on the press catwalk with Stoll for some reason.

- Bob McCammond, former Oiler assistant coach and current scout for the Detroit Red Wings was in attendance.

- Not sure if the players get to rotate on who brings their kids to the games but... earlier this season, maybe preseason, Ethan Moreau's kids were in the dressing room and Thursday it was Scott Ferguson's tykes. It's neat to see the family side to these guys too.

- After the game most of the players disappeared really quick into the players lounge so that they could catch the end of the baseball game. It was tied and going into extra innings when the Oil game ended.

- Game 1's entrance song was "Ready to Roll" by Flashlight Brown. Game 2 was a song by Danko Jones. I met the guy who is in charge of selecting songs and he wants me to poll the readers for some input. I will start a new thread for that so don't fill this one up with song requests.

- The long video review was a hot topic on media row. Most felt the puck was in but EVERYONE agreed that the ref blew it by not giving a penalty shot to Edmonton for the Sabres player closing his hand on the puck and clearing it from the goal line.

GuyF