Thread: OT: Beers
View Single Post
Old
06-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Hahaha, well, my favorite beers tend to come from Belgium and Brugge is the only place I've spent the night in Belgium. (Had a couple of hours in Brussel switching train.)

Long story short, back in 2007 when I was there I was staying in a hostel and after having several Duvals at the hostel bar, I wondered back to my room. There was an older gentleman in there with a white beard who was a Blues fan. He was visiting Brugge to go to a museum to look at a painting. I had enjoyed myself a bit too much, and this was when I was just starting to become a die-hard fan, so I didn't really talk to him much about them, though I regret it. Anyway, I've been wondering for a while if that might have been you. (Since your the only Blues fan in Europe with a white beard... )

Either way, Brugge was beautiful and well worth the visit.
You were right to assume that the photo in my avatar is of me.

Did the Blues' fan have a Canadian accent? Actually, it couldn't have been me. The only museum I've visited in Belgium since the 1960s is the Comics Museum in Brussels. And, if it had been me, and I had found out you were a Blues' fan, I'd probably have "chewed your ear off".

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote