View Single Post
Old
06-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Toblerone
RIP Hickstead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
He turned it down because Stannis wanted him to burn the godswood at Winterfell and become a disciple of the God of light and he also had to marry that wildling girl.

I think he would definitely accept the Robb 'heritage'.

My prediction: Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. Lyanna's 'Promise me Ned' was that he would raise the son as his own. If that is indeed the case, Jon Snow is the legitimate heir of the Seven kingdoms.
I agree with your points about Jon...if he ever gets word that Robb did indeed name him heir he may change his mind. Although I am of the opinion that something will happen to the Wall, thus freeing Jon of any vows (although I don't expect that to happen in the next book).

I also agree that R and L is Jon's parentage...however, he would still be a *******, leaving Daenarys with the better claim.

There are theories though that Lyanna and Rhaegar might have been married, as apparently there is some evidence of the Targaryens and polygamy...I'm not sure if I believe that though, so I'm not sure if Jon would ever be legitimate.