View Single Post
Old
06-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Yeah I'm also shocked at how one-sided it is, especially since you know that injury prone teams will continue to have injuries and I'd expect that to apply to STL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronin View Post
My stance is largely due to the fact that I see more depth on the Buffalo side on the farm, I think they're elite young players are more accomplished than the Blues' elite young players, and that I think Buffalo is closer now than St. Louis now, which skews me in favor of thinking the Sabres might have better players.

Same here, Buffalo have guys like Mancari who are helpful tweeners, I see a bit less depth on the 3rd/4th in STL.

See a bit more depth for Buffalo's prospects too but they don't have a Tarasenko. Also, Jake Allen is projected to be better than Enroth no?

I think I'm gonna go with Buffalo though, simply because they have a owner who's willing to spend now. $4 M to Stafford who had a 30 goal season but has been inconsistent in the past is quite the statement. I just hope that it doesn't set a precedence for their next RFAs and UFAs to get those high amounts. STL have done pretty well with recent cap hits (a lot of reasonable cap hits for the next few years like Steen, Stewart at the moment, Berglund, Polak...there really isn't any guy being overpaid in terms of the ones who have $2 M+).