View Single Post
Old
06-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
With the expected influx of Thrashers faithful coming to these boards, I figured it would be helpful if they could see all the important information about our franchise in one condensed location. So, here goes. Feel free to add anything I forget.

IMPORTANT PEOPLE

David Poile- GM extraordinaire and demi-god. He is the architect that has shaped our franchise since its start

Barry Trotz- The peanut butter to Poile's jelly. Our first and only coach. He is a defensive mastermind, but leaves a little to be desired offensively. Expert at getting the most out of a questionable roster. Also the most optimistic injury doctor ever to live.

David Freeman- The first chairman of the local ownership group. He played a large part in saving this team from He Who Shall Not Be Named (but will be named a little later)

Tom Cigarran- Current chairman of the local ownership group. He hasn't had time to do much yet, but he's said all the right things. Only time will tell.

Jim Basille- He Who Shall Not Be Named. The Canadian who tried to steal our team from us. No me gusta.

Brent Peterson- Assitant coach for the preds up until this season. likely would be a head coach if not for his parkinson's. He is loved by fans and players alike.

Mitch Korn- Preds Goalie Coach. Arguably the greatest goalie mind ever to live. I have had the distinct pleaseure of working with Mitch personally (I play goalie), and he is a great coach, a great teacher, and a great man.

ORGANIZATIONAL NEEDS

Scorers, young scoring threats, people with good shots, offensive minded players, snipers, and scorers.

ORGANIZATIONAL SURPLUS

We have more offensive D prospects than Toronto has losses . Franson, Blum, Josi, Ellis, etc. One or more may be traded over the offseason for our needs (see above).

PROSPECT PROFILES

I'll let those more knowledgeable go more in depth, but in general, we have lots of D and not enough offensive forwards.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/nashville_predators

THE RADULOV SITUATION

Alexander Radulov, the greatest scoring threat this team has ever drafted, broke his contract to join the KHL. Every year there are rumors of his return to finish the final year of his ELC, but we all will believe it when we see it.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. And welcome aboard the train ride.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 06-04-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote