Thread: OT: Automobile Questions
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2011, 07:17 AM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Went for a road test with the CR-V Friday night and frankly, came away a little dissapointed. There's just no "oumph" under that hood. No V6 is pretty stupid also. Takes an awful lot of time to respond to the acceleration........And they have 3 models, and not a group of options. If you want something, you HAVE to take the sunroof. If you're interested in a better radio, you HAVE to go leather...Pretty strange. Not entirely out of my list, but it's not looking good right now. Still looking.
I had a long response a few days ago written but my computer crashed so I ended up not responding.

In that answer, one of the things I said was if you wanted a well built car that would last for a long time without giving you any problems and great gas mileage, then you should pick the CR-V. My father has had one for years, so I know it really well. However, if your priorities include a car that has oomph don't pick the CR-V, the CR-V is just a really good car with great fuel economy and great room for the size that it is.

It sounds like you need to forget gas mileage as one of your top priorities and go for something like the Equinox ... great price for the package that is has and it is a great drive.

BTW, if you want oomph don't bother driving the CX-7 either .. you will also be disappointed. My brother has one and I have also driven it many times.

HomaridII is online now   Reply With Quote