Thread: OT: Automobile Questions
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2011, 09:35 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Another question that was probably responded already but I'll really like to know.....is going for a 4-wheel drive REALLY necessary? I mean nowadays, don't they have all those kinds of assistance in a 2-wheel drive that would make any SUV much safer than it was before? Is 2 000$ more really worth it since I don't live in the mountains where I have to go up a steep hill every day, where I don't really live in tough conditions....Yet, with the winter we have....or the rain we have....is a 4-wheel really important?

I hear that once you go 4-wheel...you never want to go back....but then is it that important to "go"? 'Cause then you read about cars/trucks who are "real" 4-wheels"...not so real....one worst than others etc....

Thanks.
In severe conditions, I would say it makes a difference... but that's not to say that not having it is insufficient.

It seems as though you are prepared to spend a bit more on gas with the v6... so what I suggest to you is make a strict budget limit, whether total selling price, or total monthly payment. And then narrow down from there

What you will arrive at essentially is deciding on (for the same money) an American car, with all the bells and whistles (v6, AWD, leather, Navigation etc..) versus a euro / Japanese one that is V4, FWD, and not as many bells and whistles.

Just remember, in the event you want to sell the car, 2,3 or more years from now, that American cars depreciate a lot more while foreign cars hold their value much better.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote