Thread: Line Combos: Predictions for 2011-12 Roster
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I think Gilroy is going to surprise a lot of people next season... on this team or another NHL club.

I got a good feeling about this kid. The same kind of feeling I got when I watched Dubi his rookie year.
Gilroy could really benefit from a change of scenery. His defensive game is lacking, but IMO he could develop into a Tom Poti type (2nd pair offensive d-man on the caps, not when he was here) on the right team and with the right partner. I do believe if we could keep him and pair him with Sauer on the 3rd pair and push Erixon with McDonagh we could see some huge strides from Gilroy in the offensive game, but his defensive game is just very weak. For a team that gets caught on odd man rushes a lot, Gilroy (who pinches more than anyone I can remember) does more harm than good. He needs to learn the proper balance of when to pinch and when not too, it would help if teammates covered for him more as well, and thats why I believe with a different organization he could develop into something.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote