View Single Post
Old
06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I just read that post article where it says Richards is gonna want 7 million a year for 5 years and Sather won't go over 6.5, I really hope thats not the case because I do not want Spezza as he has bust written all over him in NY. Stastny is interesting to me, but Richards is a proven winner, has been successful with Torts and is friends with Avery (which could help get Avery back to the player he once was). The aspect I really liked about getting Richards is it wouldn't cost anything except a buyout of Drury. Talking about Stastny, Spezza, or Roy and thats gonna cost kids, roster players, and a pick at least. If Sather is willing to give some cash and terms we can land Richards, Jussi Jokinen/Brunette, and Babchuk and it will only cost a buyout of Drury and Wolski.

I can't imagine we could acquire Stastny without surrendering Del Zotto, Anisimov, and a 1st round pick and maybe something else. I am not sure how prepared I am to make that deal, I loved the idea of being 4 centers deep
Richards
Anisimov
Stepan
Boyle

we will have to see what happens, but I agree on brunette, he would be my second choice if we can't land Jussi.
I'm not necessarily advocating those players, but if Slats cannot come away with Richards, I see him targeting one of those players.

Honestly, I would pay up for Spezza/Stastny if the price wasn't asinine (think Anisimov, 1st, something else), but that's not realistic. Stastny is an attractive option as he is young, and his cap hit is very reasonable.

I, obviously, am a big advocate of Richards, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Sather wary here, although now is not the time to be wary of a lucrative deal; that time was in 2007, but we're passed that, and it is clear Sather has wisened up a bit with this development; if it's true, of course. I would give him the same contract Gaborik got. 35M. 5 yrs. Slight paycut from what he was getting before, and still reasonable for his play now.

As for Jokinen, I don't have much interest. He's had good back to back seasons, but I'm a bit wary of players like him; 2nd liners that get paid like 1st liners, are expected to produce like 1st liners, and ultimately end up failing. If he'll take something like 3 yrs, 6M, I'd be all over him, but I see him getting something in the range of 3/12 or 4/16. Brunnette or bust, for me.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote