View Single Post
Old
06-05-2011, 08:21 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
How about some context? My response was to PSP assertion that Phoenix was more successful with 107 points a couple of seasons ago. Same shootout for them too.

Back to back playoffs for this franchise is a success. And of course they aren't done yet. The core is still very young and growing together.

You're not encouraged with Clifford's growth last season? Kopitar? Brown?

An in shape Doughty and Penner? The team isn't as bad as you make it sound. Their entire top six can score 20+ goals. It is the bottom six that Murray needs to let play with possession and stop the dump, recover and point shot offense.
I agree.

Give Cliffy the chance to have some confidence in his game and for F'sake consistent line mates and I don't think it out of reach for him to score 15 goals this coming season. Simmonds should do the same at least (if he can stop feeling so irie) and so can/should Lewis/Richie. That is one mean and productive 3rd line by the way and one that would be a great one on any contender.

Our 4rth line has excellent potential too and then when you through in JJ and DD's 10/20 goals along with the rest we are right there among the top two teams in the league in goals scored.

We are a contender and this coming year is going to be the first in a very long time that we will see it. There will still be ups and downs but by the end of the season we will be ready.

The growth of Lewis, A Mart and Clifford should be enough for anyone to be happy but add in Loktionov who looks ready to step in and play at an NHL level as well as Schenn Holloway and Kozun and we are looking good again.

The next season (11/12) is where we will explode. With Toffi Vey Kitsyn and Des all ready (or really should be) to step in and become exceptional NHL rookies and one or two of them might be even elite talents to boot we are looking at exactly what we have all been dreaming imo and that is a great to exceptional player at every position all pretty much home grown and ready to win it all.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote