Thread: Line Combos: Predictions for 2011-12 Roster
View Single Post
Old
06-05-2011, 09:44 PM
NYRangers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The two major things are to sign Richards and get rid of Drury's contract. After that work on the RFA's--starting with Callahan and Dubinsky--hopefully starting with 4 year deals which I figure will be in the $4 mil per year range. Anisimov should get about half of that for about 2 years. Boyle somewhere around $1.5-1.8 for 2 years. Sauer somewhere between $1.3 and 1.5 for two years.

Bringing back Fedotenko--good idea. I think Prospal is shot and that's too bad because the last two seasons I think he's given the team a lot of spirit but I don't think we're going down that road again. Bringing in one veteran d-man--depending on how much cap space--I'd aim at mid-late 20's d-men like Bieska, Ehrhoff, Pitkanen, Wisniewski, White etc.

As for the Hagelin's, Thomas's if they can earn a spot then fine--but I wouldn't be counting on them right away.

Draft wise--I'm hoping that a Schiefele, Armia or a McNeill might still be around--if not I'm not against drafting a d-man like Oleksiak or Klefbom if they're still around at 15. I don't think we'll be moving up now that we've traded our 2 2nd's. Then again if all those forwards are gone we could trade down in the draft and maybe pick up an extra pick or two and get the same quality player.
Agree with all of this - just not sure about signing one of those Dmen as they're gonna cost a pretty penny. The only change i'd make is to get Leino or Laich to play LW.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote