Thread: Proposal: Pavelski or Couture
View Single Post
Old
06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
19sharks19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Sharks should not consider trading Pavelski unless there is a massive over payment coming back. Pavs led the team in PTS/G, tied with Marleau. The offense is good and the depth the sharks have at center is one reason it's so good. In my opinion the sharks should try and sign someone in free agency to solve the admittedly massive problem on defense rather than sacrificing a major strength. If DW resigns White and lets Wallin and huskins walk and signs someone better we improve slightly, he has the rest of the season to make changes and should have a lot more to spend at the deadline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealistSharksFan View Post
Heater is the obvious choice, but that is only because he is so overpaid. I doubt anyone would want to take on his salary, except Doug Wilson apparentley.
Very good points on all. Heater should be our only option to move up front, of the big guys, simply due to dollars and we've seen the best he will give us. But, if no takers and simply the enquiries are of the others, I think we stand pat. This can be rectified though by a couple means; as mentioned above, via free agency and, saving money in not re-signing wasted dollars in Huskins and Wallin and moving out the likes of Nitty and Mitchell (Mitch. simply if we can't move Heater). And please don't re-sign the likes of Eager.

Would really like to see Greiss get some decent play time this season as well, say 25-30 games.

19sharks19 is online now   Reply With Quote