View Single Post
Old
06-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I would have taken the risk on Thomas for Gagne in a heartbeat. Said it at the time and still think it. I understand what Jester is saying and he is right, there was plenty of risk....especially for years 2 and 3. However, in year 1 of the deal we have the same team we did this year with goalies of Thomas + Boucher with Bob in the minors (eligible for callups). Not very risky.

Year 2 and 3 are riskier as we had to sign Carter and Giroux and with Thomas on the books that becomes trickier than it was this year. But, why wouldn't you bring in Thomas with a GREAT shot at winning the cup?

If his hip was toast, then he goes the way of Lappy for a couple of years and we spend over the cap (business as usual).

Gagne for Thomas last summer would have been a cup for us this year. I truly believe that. Oh well, not like cups are hard to come by........right?
It's not that easy to LTIR 35+ guys. For example, Lappy may not be on LTIR next season if the NHL doesn't buy that he's actually trying to come back.