View Single Post
Old
06-06-2011, 12:54 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
Kostitsyn is precisely the type of player you shouldn't care about losing. He's a plug, nothing more.
In a lot of teams cases you're right. In our teams case I disagree.

For one he brings size and he hits, two things we need more of.

For two he still has some potential imo, I don't think we've seen the best of Andrei just yet.

Firstly he's European (often times they take longer to develop in NA) and secondly he's been on and off injured pretty much his entire career here.

I'd at least want to see what he can do in a full season. Also remember we've had less than favorable offensive depth since he's been with us so he's been moved around a lot, even at times when it wasn't deserved like this past season.

I really don't want to give up on this guy because I could see him being a star elsewhere. (Not superstar like people thought he would be originally but a star no less)

If he's a plug please give a list of players who will easily replace him at the same salary or similar, and who are available. Because for all intents and purposes that's what a plug is, a person who can and will be easily replaced. I don't see an easy replacement at his salary with all his tools. Hate to break it to you also but Laich @ 5 million doesn't count.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote