View Single Post
Old
10-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Habnot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Imo, the habs looked like they kept it in about second gear for the first two periods (especially the 2nd) and had a really good third. Oh course you won't hear complaints from me when we win by 3 goals, so...

I think all those Claude Julien bashers should start giving him some credit. I'm really starting to believe that head coach should now be considered a strong point of the habs (good choice AS).
I remember posting last year that finally the Habs had a professional coach, and Julien is proving it early this year. But do not underestimate the presence of Gainey. I get a sense that the players will listen because Gainey has instilled the fear of God in them. Many good coaches careers have been ruined because they do not have a strong GM to support the coach. (I thought Vigneault was also a good coach)

A good example are the Devils. It doesn't matter who coaches, the players fear Lamoriello and they know that Lou will banish all that do not follow the system on the ice and financially. That's what Gainey will bring to this organozation for a long time.