View Single Post
Old
06-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I knew when I saw the blurb yesterday from the Columbus Dispatch saying that he had turned down the Blue Jackets offer that he was staying here, but I'm very happy to see that he was signed to a three-year deal today!

I got the chance to talk to Mitch late in the season and he agreed 100% with me that it was imperative for the Preds to draft at least one goaltender this summer to rebuild the depth in the pipeline as while we are deep, all of our prospects have turned pro already and we have no one remaining for our 5 year plan any longer.

Rinne, Lindback, Dekanich (*), Smith, Engren, and Pickard will hold the fort for the next 3-5 years, but we've gotta start restocking now to add some depth at the back end of that rotation.

* = Dekanich is a UFA this summer who I don't think is necessarily in our future plans. The only way I see him being re-signed is if the team decides to put Lindback in the AHL to split starts with Smith, but with Engren and Pickard also needing a spot...I really don't think Dekanich is in the organization at all next year...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote