View Single Post
Old
10-17-2003, 06:33 AM
Leaf Army

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
*lol* Are you saying that because we have Hackett that we aren't going to make it past the 1st round. That's funny. So far he hasn't let in a goal yet. You're talking about guys like Desjardins, Johnsson, Weinrich, Ragnarrson, Vandermeer and Pitkanen for his defense. These guys were great last year and they are 10 times better with Pitkanen, the Calder trophy candidate. If anything, we will get past the first round and make it through the second round as well. It's a joke hearing you say that we won't make it past the first round...weren't you the ones that didn't make it past the first round last year?
Well you've already shown that you can't count and now you're proving you can't read either. I never said the Flyers wouldn't make it past the 1st round.

I'm going to post my statement again. This time read it slower. Or get a grown-up to help.

When is the last time that a 35 year old goalie who has never even made it past the 1st round ended up winning the Cup.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that in the history of the NHL that this has ever happened.

Hackett is 35 years old and has never won a playoff series before. Having trouble accepting reality?