View Single Post
Old
06-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

vCash: 500
I don't understand you guys who had that big problems with Rupp last season.... outside of situations he should not have been put in.

As a 4th liner primarily, he scored his second highest amount of goals ever (9), finished with 2 points less than his first Pens season (where pretty much everyone loved him) and he got just 4 PIMS more for the season in an identical number of games. Whether or not he is a good fighter is immaterial to me - he sticks up for guys and gives and takes with most anyone. This while being always one of the most consistently physical players on the team.

As for being a Bylsma pet.... certainly early on in the season and as regards special teams it was pathetic. As it wore on and we got some deadline wingers and Kennedy won respect, Rupp wasn't put in those situations anymore and chipped in well with limited ice-time, the way it should be.

On a team where Godard is far from a certainty next season (one can hope!), I like having Rupp to go with Engelland. Moreover, Asham wasn't at all happy with his salary last season, and might well be picked off for more by someone else after having another strong playoff run scoring wise. Asham has some finishing to him, but outside of Godard, I thought he was the worst skater on the team. Don't like that on our 4th line much, nor anywhere unless there is something that really swings the pendulum in a different direction.