View Single Post
Old
06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Some would be worse than AK, some would be better, many would be about the same. The main difficulty is in knowing which is which. But one player, any player, at this level, probably just doesn't make much difference on the whole to the team. That's the main point. If you could get one of those players for half the price of AK giving 15-15 production, adding other dimensions, it may be a net benefit to the team. Or you could get another Samsonov bust. Or you could get AK stepping it up. Or staying the same. Or having a worse year. It's all about the same.

I guess I don't have any reason to infer anything about how PG values AK. Yet. We should see in the next few weeks, I guess.
The ones that would be better would likely cost more.

The ones that would be worse wouldn't be worth downgrading to in terms of value and the non-stat things Kostitsyn already brings to the table.

That ones that would be equal would likely also not bring the same value per dollar but even if they did you keep the homegrown talent over a UFA who is equivalent. That's just my take on it though. If Andrei does suck in his first full season (no injuries) I'll gladly eat crow, I just think this guy has a long learning curve and is finally starting to come around. I think it would be quite stupid to let him go now.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote