View Single Post
Old
06-07-2011, 12:46 PM
mtlhddoc2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Lol I've traveled extensively to see the Amerks and have met fans in cities all over the AHL. In cities where the AHL has been around longer than 10 years, not a single fan preferred the way it is now. You're the exception, not the rule.

The reality is, why would any fan prefer to see so much turnover? Even 10 years ago you had older players sticking around longer. Any fan of any team in any sport wants to see some familiarity from year to year. The AHL used to have that. You used to know your own players and you used to know, and hate, your opponents. It made for a much, much better league. And the talent was just simply better then.
Ahhhh, there we get to the heart of your argument. You are upset about the turnover and not having the same guys on your roster year after year. Yeah, I agree with that. I hate wanting to buy a jersey but knowing the guy will be gone this year or the next. The quality may or may not have changed at all in 10 20 30 years whatever, but the turnover rate has, and I would bet, that is what really pisses off the purists like yourselves.

mtlhddoc2 is offline   Reply With Quote