View Single Post
Old
06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
SirBrad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I love that I was introduced to Wiz Khalifa because of Girl Talk. It kills me that Pittsburgh only has two musicians that have a reputation outside of a 30 mile radius (sorry Clarks...actually, I'm not) and one is a rapper and the other is the mash-up musician (not that it means a whole lot in general...he's the face of an entire genre of music that only has one person with any sort of talent in it...it's like being the Don Caballero of Math Rock...which, for the record, is a Pittsburgh band also).

Anyway, I can probably thank Wiz for the complete domination of Pirates hats in non-baseball markets. I haven't seen a cap that didn't have that iconic 'P' on it in Missoula since...good lord, I think I saw a Red Sox hat in November...they're literally all Pirates caps in this town. That's not that far from usual, to be honest, and caps aren't a popular thing here...but still, that's one thing that's always amused me.

Oh, uh. Rupp. He wears #17. I liked that number as a kid because Tomas Sandstrom wore it. Yay Sandstrom. I gotta admit, it's one of very few low numbers I actually like, thanks to Sandstrom. So Rupp has that going for him, I guess.

In a unrelated, yet related note...Battles' new album, Gloss Drop, comes out today. There's a reason I mention this, and sadly it has little to do with Mike Rupp.
Rusted Root.

So I guess Rupp signed, maybe pending a physical?