View Single Post
Old
06-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Realistically they only have one big need, and that's in net. I don't see that they have to trade a defenseman to add a Goalie. Trading from the Forward ranks, specifically a Winger, (not Carter)is the obvious way to go in my opinion.
Name names.

Briere has an NMC and is settled here with children on a team with a good chance of success. Leino is a free agent. JVR, Giroux, Carter....probably not going anywhere. Obviously moving Nodle or Carcillo or any of the role players is of minimal impact.

We could move a Hartnell or Versteeg and then try to get a cheaper option, but who is that player? Adam Hall's name has come up and I am a fan. I don't love the idea of moving Hartnell (he brings a lot to the table besides points, which he is usually in the top 5 in on the team anyway). And the idea of trading Versteeg for what we'd get for him after giving a third and a first makes me want to punch something (besides the idea of him healthy on Richards' wing still interests me). I'd rather leave the offense alone and deal one of Carle or Coburn and accept a downgrade at D to make room for the new goalie. Of the two, as said, Carle is my preference. Not that I don't like Carle, he's a good player.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote