View Single Post
Old
06-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
They aren't what ifs. The are very realistic scenarios and are reasons why you have depth. This fan base has gone from loving the Flyers defensive depth, to now wanting to get rid of it in one Season. What a fickle bunch. It's not the 3rd pair that you worry about, it's overplaying Timonen and Pronger. Which is what will happen. And they are both showing serious signs of physical decline. And they need to have their minutes conserved during the Season so they remain as fresh as possible for a hopefully long playoff run. And your one injury away from having Bartulis or a UFA/Some Coburn, whatever that means, playing 20 minutes a night in a top 4 role.

Regarding what the fanbase thinks: you're not talking to the whole fanbase, you're talking to me. And I'm not a fickle person, I'm rational and I have explained my reasoning. I still like that the Flyers are a deep defensive team. I also like that they're a deep offensive team. Why do you want to trade away all our offensive depth I said from the get-go that they shouldn't be going out of their way to deal defense, but if a fair deal came along to address a need (really goal tending is the one thing I could be talking about here) then they should do it. Getting a very good goalie is going to make ALL your defensemen look better, and would be worth the risk of increased liability to multiple injuries.

"UFA/Some Coburn" means I would split the third pairing duties with Bartulis between Coburn and whoever they sign to replace O'Donnell.

Regardless of how likely you think they may be (and they're not astronomically unlikely, I concede), your scenarios are just that, scenarios a.k.a. "what-ifs". You're asking me things like "What if the team loses half of their top four defense men?" Seriously? They're going to struggle, just like every other team in the league. Hopefully your goal tending and offense pick you up a bit until you get healthy again. The season is 82 games long, that's just the way **** goes.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote