Thread: Speculation: Wild summer in Minnesota?
View Single Post
Old
06-07-2011, 10:39 PM
TribalDan
Why I 'Ottawa!'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llp View Post
Feeling the heat of missing the playoffs two years in a row, GM Chuck Fletcher will most likely make some serious moves this offseason to get back into playoff contention. Beat writer Michael Russo recently quoted GMCF saying every player but Mikko Koivu is available to be traded.

Minnesota's needs:
Scoring top 6 winger. Playmaking ability not required at all. Defensive responsibility would be nice, but is not necessary. At least 30+ G would be ideal. Number 1 priority.

#2 Center on a 1-2 year contract. Someone who has the cojones to center two of Bouchard, Latendresse, or Havlat (A bunch of softies). Size, and desire to go to the dirty areas a must. Won't mortgage too much future on this. If we can get this position filled through Free Agency, then there's no sense in giving up future assets.

Any other forward upgrade, with Minnesota defenders going the other way. Minnesota's strongest depth area is definitely in the defense right now. We kinda got a pileup for our bottom 4 slots. Zidlicky, Zanon, Barker, Scandella, Stoner, and Spurgeon should all be NHL bottom 4 right now, but there obviously isn't enough room for all of them. One or more of these guys packaged to upgrade a forward would be a smart move.

Players that don't fit the Wild, and can be had for scraps:
Matt Cullen - 3.5 until 2013
Erik Nystrom - 1.4 until 2013
Cam Barker - 3.083 until 2012

Players that should have some value, and make sense to move:
Brent Burns - 3.55 until 2012 (Most likely will be re-signed, but throwing him in for fun)
Martin Havlat - 5.0 until 2015
Marek Zidlicky - 4.0 until 2013
PM Bouchard - 4.08 until 2013
Guillame Latendresse - 2.5 until 2012
Greg Zanon - 1.933 until 2012
Nik Backstrom - 6.0 until 2013

Like I said, everyone but M. Koivu is on the table. Granlund, Clutterbuck, and N. Schultz will probably take overpayment.
I would not hesitate to welcome back Havlat and Cullen for the right price.

Not entirely sure what would get the job done though. :/

TribalDan is offline   Reply With Quote