View Single Post
Old
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
For me I think Grachev was that film I went to go see that everyone said was soooooo great and it just turned out to be okay and so when I left the theater I was disappointed because my expectations were too hight.

Size, speed, 40-40 coming out of Jrs and boy was I pumped about this kid. Ever since he's been nothing but mediocre and has shown the drive of Bobby Sanguinetti at camp each year, very underwhelming. I've been getting the Fedor Fedorov or Marcel Hossa feeling from Grachev and I'm getting the itch to package and ship for a big piece. If he shines in camp, great, if not, I really like the way Kreider and Fasth look.
Like so many players that have come through the organization, he's got confidence issues. It was never an issue of effort, he just doesn't want the puck sometimes. He was very good in the AHL at the end of the season (yes, I actually watched him), but he still doesn't really carry the puck. Barely shoots either, but he is a talented passer. You can see it when he skates around, he oozes talent; he resemble Malkin so much. That big lanky stride, powering through players when he carries the puck, but also exhibiting tremendous skill. He was a very solid contributor on the penalty kill as well, although he still relies heavily on the quick touch pass. I don't see why he doesn't skate it end to end more, he's certainly capable.

I think his offensive confidence was shattered last year, and he's slowly piecing it together.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote