View Single Post
Old
06-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas View Post
I am glad to see that the 67's are getting bigger and that alot of our fire power will return next season. I do think that this years team could very well be a team that could win the east and truely challenge the west for the OHL cup and represent Ontario at the Memorial cup.

Our strengths for sure are our top two forward lines, our two experienced goalies and our top four defense.

we need a good intimidation type player for sure, to play either defense or on the third line.

vegas
I couldn't agree more. In my opinion, the favourites next year will be the Niagara Ice Dogs, but the 67's should definitely contend, especially if Martindale comes back. I kind of hope that Kilrea is willing to give up a bit of our future for some vets, even though that goes against his style. In my opinion, if we could give up a young player and a pick for a 2nd line winger or top 4 defenceman, I see us on equal terms with the Ice Dogs.

Does anyone think that Foglia will emerge as a top 6 winger this year? What about Smith? He's obviously an elite 3rd liner, but it would be nice to see him build on that 20-20 season from a year ago.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote