Thread: Dan Girardi
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Edgeworth*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
The Rangers have a glut of YOUNG defensemen... Sauer and McDonough are entering year two. Erixon will be a rookie, and who plays with him? I think DZ needs some AHL seasoning with his defense... The Rangers have a terrific young D-core, but I don't see why you cripple that by dealing a guy whose on your top pair whose in his mid-twenties and locked up to a conservative contract..

Staal - Girardi
Sauer - Mcdonaugh
Erixon - ?

That looks pretty good for next year...

Staal - Sauer
Mcdonaugh - Erixon
? - ?

... and again, what if Staal went down ... I really don't see the logic unless someone blows you out of the water...
I'd say you could add in some stopgap bottom defenders or chase a guy like Ericsson/Babchuk but this is Sather so it might not be advisable. And I'd agree with other posters here, seems like the Rangers are just in the growing pains spot where you can see the light at the end of the tunnel but you still got a bit of a way to go. Until Erixon/MDZ/McIlrath can really make the jump or Sather can secure a trade that gets the Rangers a truely scary D corp we're stuck with Giradi (not the worst thing) and Eminger. I don't know what's happening with Gilroy though yet, is he on his way out or is he actually being re-signed as an RFA?

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote