Thread: Dan Girardi
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2011, 10:39 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
1) Stacked with young talented defensemen.
2) You only get to play 6 defensmen. You play 12 Forwards.
3) Rangers don't score.
4) Rangers don't have high end scoring forwards.
5) Girardi's stock is high
6) Use what you have to get what you need.
this eloquently sums the case I've been making on why Girardi should NOT be rushed out the door, but certainly moved if there is a good deal.
IMO a good deal is either an upgrade in F (forget this nonsense about getting someone elite, that's not happening without adding a lot, usually assets we prefer to keep)
OR
you add and get a solid caliber D who can be adequate at minimum w/our above average D, then earn his keep with great shooting, coming in and pinching or from the point on a power play.

DG is not across the board elite. He is a borderline All Star in that he is the best shot blocking D in the league, the rest of his D skills are above average across the board (terrific positioning and stick checking; average play the body), his offense is mediocre at best, being smart enough to get the puck to someone else.

While his value is high, and we have enough depth, let's move him sooner than later.
And for everyone who said last year, no we can't trade Rozi or Girardi because Sauer and McDonaugh and this one and that one aren't ready, yeah, it wasn't necessarily hand in glove like clockwork, but I went against the grain on that and the proof is I was right about it.

I'll be proven correct about this too.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote