Thread: Dan Girardi
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Leetch3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I think your anxieties are encouraged by a lack of information and I mean that as insulting as possible.

First the concern about only having 4 defenders. Staal, Girardi, McD, Sauer. Every scout and NHL GM says this kid is ready to step in as a top4 defenseman, there are tons of articles out there and posted on this forum, google them, read them, he's refereed to having ABOVE nhl level skating and being BETTER than McD. How well did McD step in? IMO the only concern you have to worry about with Erixon is the number of games playing which I'd have to say this year after playing a full season in the SEL, watching him in the WC afterwards, he didn't look tired. That doesn't mean he won't tire in the longer NHL season and the playoffs. That gives the Rangers 5 top4 defenseman. So based on that alone if you go into this season with nothing changing outside of your top 4 being Staal, McD, Sauer, Erixon rather than the above, not much has changed you still need to fill your bottom pair.

The bottom pair. McCabe only wants to play in NY. Eminger doesn't want to sign outside of NY. MDZ isn't a sophomore anymore. Vtank is a Russian version of Girardi playing the left side. Many felt Kundratek deserved the callup BEFORE McD. Gilroy probably isn't even offered a deal anymore. Pashnin is a long shot. Parlett is a longshot. Don't forget the annual invite for Alexie Semonov or anyone else who gets invited to camp. That's 9 names for 2 spots. At that point its accuracy by volume, even after Girardi was traded.
mccabe won't be back, and torts doesn't trust eminger and gilroy. just look at the ice time from last year. we played as if we had only 4 dmen all year.

i know everyone thinks cause del zotto's sophomore season is over his sophomore slump will end and he'll magically be better and i hope that happens...but until it does we don't know and he could be in hartford again.

everyone says erixon is ready to step in, but until he steps on a north american rink thats wishful thinking. last year we thought MCD would be ready to step right in and it took him 1/2 a season. valentenko and kundratek had good seasons in hartford and give us good depth but have not played a second at the nhl level yet...and bringing up pashin, mcilrath, etc is pointless cause they are atleast a few years away.

that 'depth' you talk about is ALL filled with question marks...

am i worried about our future blueline or depth?? absolutely not. i think del zotto bounces back. i think valentenko and kundratek are ready to step in for injures. and i'm hopefully that erixon can step in. but being able to play on the 3rd pair and the 1st pair aren't the same...and like i said i'm not even considering moving girardi until those guys actually make it.

current depth and potential future depth aren't the same...

Leetch3 is online now   Reply With Quote